10 January 2011

introduction

so, i vowed to myself that i would do 100 creative things in 2011. not really a resolution, i just want to do what makes me happy. creating makes me happy, alive, and real. i thought i'd start a blog a long time ago and created this account but never did anything with it. now, i'm here making my first post on the 10th day of the new year, deeming this a place to document my creative achievements and hold myself accountable. (i don't know much about blogger yet but i'm sure i'll figure it out.)

i'm not limiting myself so my creative achievements can be in any category. i have a list of categories i think i'll most likely stay within but one never knows what will happen. writing, music, design, photography, art, knitting, sewing, crafting... that's a lot in itself but i definitely wouldn't mind finding or learning about something else. if i thought i was really great at something in particular, i'd stick to that. but my problem is that i'm a little bit good at a lot of things and not really good at any of them.

i don't doubt that i will end up writing about other areas of my life here but if it ends up blurring out the creativity posts then i will most likely start a different blog for that stuff. if i write about it that much, it will deserve its own place. perhaps, if i need inspiration, i will occasionally post the work of other people or some things i've done in the past.

so, 10 days into the year and i have yet to do anything creative. well, i did take a photo in low light last night but i haven't looked at it on a big screen yet so i'm not sure if it turned out good enough to count yet. i took it on my iphone so chances are, it's not. i recorded myself singing a song i'd not recorded before but i am off key during part of it so i'm not counting that either. maybe when i can do better, i will. i guess that's what this blog is for, too. to remind myself that i can't perfect everything i do. that sometimes, if doing it made me happy, my best was good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment