18 February 2011

#6- art journal love

to celebrate the anniversary of launching her first online workshop, connie hozvicka at dirty footprints studio created




her challenge was to create an art journal page about love. there are prizes and you have until tomorrow night to submit your page if you want to join the love! connie is inspirational to me. her attitude about art is one i admire- be fearless. so, today i was.

i've never really done any art journaling but it's something i've always wanted to try... i've been thinking about it since her post on monday and today was the day. i did things i've never done and am happy i did it! here is my love page.

i know it looks a bit messy but it's the first time i have really embraced my handwriting and drawing on something permanent. it's mine so i will love it. all i used was a bic mark-it ultra fine point marker and a few sharpies for the little bit of color. the background was really fun to do. i took a fading red, a light purple, and a silver ink pad for stamping and inked the heck out of the paper. i like how the red turned out pink since it was running out of ink. if you want a closer look, click on the picture and when it opens, click on it again to zoom in. anyway, my very first art journal page is complete and that's that.

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog at Dirty Footprints! I really like your page and almost did a page where I listed off things I love. Hmmm...I might still try it out! Embrace your handwriting!

    ReplyDelete